Ibec and the SFA are delighted to welcome you to Childhood Services Ireland (CSI) – a new Trade Association.|
Over the last 4 months, key stakeholders of the childhood sector together with an Ibec/SFA project team worked on a model for a strong childhood sector employers group representing the sector which is now Childhood Services Ireland!
Our objectives are
To be the strong, unifying voice of the childhood services sector in Ireland.
Objective 2: Lobbying and Negotiation
- Have a clear mandate to negotiate with the Department of Children and Youth Affairs on behalf of the sector and other relevant government departments (including Department of An Taoiseach and Department of Public Expenditure and Reform).
- Be a trusted consultation partner on the childhood services sector for government and other state, semi-state bodies and key stakeholders.
- Negotiate with trade unions on behalf of the childhood services sector.
- Put childcare on top of the national agenda.
- Work on viable funding models to secure the quality of childcare and ensure the sustainability of the sector.
Objective 3: The future of childhood services
- Highlight the importance of financial sustainability of the sector.
- Review of systems and structure of inspections, compliance, and regulations with Tusla and Pobal.
- Create a positive image of the sector in the media: careers, training, professionalisation.
- Provide HR advice, guidance, and support for the sector together with reduced insurance premiums and other services.
To join CSI today, please enter your details on the form beneath. You can pay by credit card through the Bank of Ireland and Realex secure internet payment service by clicking on the 'Credit Card' button.