Thursday, 17 January 2019
· Small firm’s struggling with recruitment
· SFA online platform support’s small business in the competition for talent
The Small Firms Association (SFA), today launched a new online platform as part of its National Grow, Scale, Succeed campaign to empower small firms to recruit and retain the right people.
Sven Spollen-Behrens, SFA Director said: “With the unemployment rate approaching pre-crisis levels, it is increasingly difficult for small firms to fill job roles. The Grow, Scale, Succeed online platform is the SFA’s response to support small business in the competition for talent.
“Our members now see recruitment as a critical business issue. In the Grow, Scale, Succeed survey conducted in October 2018, 81% of respondents stated it was either difficult or very difficult to recruit the right people. Our new online platform provides content to alleviate this pressure and helps address small firms’ concerns around recruitment, employee engagement, as well as remote and smart working”.
The Grow, Scale, Succeed online platform offers:
· Case study videos from small businesses sharing their recruitment tips, how they keep their staff engaged and how Smart Working benefitted their business.
· A guideline on where to source new candidates and on the different types of workers.
· Podcasts on creating your job spec, ways to engage your employees, how to co-create a culture, managing difficult conversations and bullying in the workplace.
· Videos and guidelines from Vodafone on improving your connectivity and cyber security to enable remote working.
· A directory of co-working spaces.
· An employment law and health and safety checklist for working remotely.
· A sample flexible working policy which includes remote working.
Photos available from Julien Behal Photography contact at email@example.com or 087-9782542.
The SFA Grow, Scale, Succeed campaign is in partnership with Vodafone and DeCare Dental.