Companies who are serious about progressing their business, recognising the efforts of their staff and celebrating their achievements to date should consider entering these awards. Taking part will focus your organisation to think strategically about the future.
Judging Criteria for this category:
This category aims to award outstanding achievement, innovative business concept, growth and good management skills for a company with 5 employees or less. To be successful in this category, you should demonstrate that you had clear goals to support your vision, progress towards goals (growth), market/industry presence (domestic and/or overseas), customers and business goals for the future.
Award entrants must comply with the following entry criteria:
- All small businesses may enter up to a maximum of 5 employees. (This includes staff employed in the company on a fixed-term contract basis in excess of 12 months, and part-time staff who work in excess of 20 hours per week but excluding temporary agency workers).
- Be in operation at least 2 years in the Republic of Ireland.
- Not be a branch of another business.
- Franchises can enter.
- Businesses can enter more than one category.
- Businesses/individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by other associated professionals (e.g. professional advisers, training providers, accountants etc.).
Deadline for submissions extended to Friday, 25 October 2019.
2020 Prize Package
- A comprehensive strategic masterclass weekend sponsored by Skillnets which will include communications, media and presentation skills training along with discounted participation on a management development programme during the year
- An interview/profile in a specially commissioned Irish Independent Awards Supplement
- Free participation in SFA Business Connect Event
- Five complementary tickets to the Gala Awards Ceremony
- A finalist certificate
- Award trophy - presented at a Gala Awards Ceremony.
- One year membership of the Small Firms Association
- The Overall Winner will be presented with a winner trophy at the Gala Awards Ceremony in March
- An annual bursary of €5,000 has been very kindly donated by 2013 winner Megazyme International Ireland. The overall winner may nominate their charity of choice to receive this bursary.
- To support excellence in CSR for small business, Business in the Community Ireland will work with the overall winner to provide a comprehensive sustainability report worth €1,500 to support communicating the business's responsible practice to all stakeholders.