Companies who are serious about progressing their business, recognising the efforts of their staff and celebrating their achievements to date should consider entering these awards. Taking part will focus your organisation to think strategically about the future.
Judging Criteria for this category
This category aims to reward excellence in energy efficiency and renewable energy. The winning business will demonstrate innovation and measureable CO2 emission saving results through:
- Implementing energy efficiency projects
- Installing renewable energy systems
To be successful in this category you should demonstrate how you have integrated sustainable energy systems throughout your business and how you engaged energy users and decision makers in the process.
Entries should successfully demonstrate an individual or team whose exceptional work and efforts have resulted in energy savings. Applicants should demonstrate:
- The energy savings and/or cost savings which have occurred as a result of your work over the last 12 months
- Why this work was undertaken and the targets set for energy savings
- The successful energy savings project(s)
- How your energy users and decision makers have been successfully encouraged and motivated to undertake energy efficiency projects
- Any innovative approach to implementing your initiative
- The replication potential of your initiative
Award entrants must comply with the following entry criteria:
- All small businesses may enter up to a maximum of 50 employees. (This includes staff employed in the company on a fixed-term contract basis in excess of 12 months, and part-time staff who work in excess of 20 hours per week but excluding temporary agency workers).
- Be in operation at least 2 years in the Republic of Ireland.
- Not be a branch of another business.
- Franchises can enter.
- Businesses can enter more than one category.
- Businesses/individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by other associated professionals (e.g. professional advisers, training providers, accountants etc)
Applications for the 2019 Awards programme extended until 24 October 2018.
Download the application form for the category you are entering. If you are entering more than one category you must submit a separate application form for each category. When you have completed it please then submit via the Online Submission Form
2019 Prize Package
- A comprehensive strategic masterclass weekend sponsored by Skillnet Ireland which will include communications, media and presentation skills training along with discounted participation on a management development programme during the year
- An interview/profile in a specially commissioned Irish Independent Awards Supplement
- Free participation in SFA Business Connect Event
- Five complementary tickets to the Gala Awards Ceremony
- A finalist certificate
- Award trophy - presented at a Gala Awards Ceremony.
- One year membership of the Small Firms Association
- The Overall Winner will be presented with a winner trophy at the Gala Awards Ceremony in February
- An annual bursary of €5,000 has been very kindly donated by 2013 winner Megazyme International Ireland. The overall winner may nominate their charity of choice to receive this bursary.