Companies who are serious about progressing their business, recognising the efforts of their staff and celebrating their achievements to date should consider entering these awards. Taking part will focus your organisation to think strategically about the future.
Judging Criteria for this category
This category aims to award outstanding achievement in the food and drink industry recognising the commitment, the excellence and the passion of the people who work in it. To be successful in this category you should demonstrate strong business growth illustrating expansion in local and/or overseas markets, a commitment to market led innovation and a strong marketing strategy built on consumer and customer insight.
Award entrants must comply with the following entry criteria:
- All small businesses may enter up to a maximum of 50 employees. (This includes staff employed in the company on a fixed-term contract basis in excess of 12 months, and part-time staff who work in excess of 20 hours per week but excluding temporary agency workers).
- Be in operation at least 2 years in the Republic of Ireland.
- Not be a branch of another business.
- Franchises can enter.
- Businesses can enter more than one category.
- Businesses/individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by other associated professionals (e.g. professional advisers, training providers, accountants etc.).
Applications for the 2019 Awards programme closed on 24 October 2018. Applications for the 2020 programme will open in early September 2019.
2019 Prize Package
- A comprehensive strategic masterclass weekend sponsored by Skillnet Ireland which will include communications, media and presentation skills training along with discounted participation on a management development programme during the year
- An interview/profile in a specially commissioned Irish Independent Awards Supplement
- Free participation in SFA Business Connect Event
- Five complementary tickets to the Gala Awards Ceremony
- A finalist certificate
- Award trophy - presented at a Gala Awards Ceremony.
- One year membership of the Small Firms Association
- The Overall Winner will be presented with a winner trophy at the Gala Awards Ceremony in February
- An annual bursary of €5,000 has been very kindly donated by 2013 winner Megazyme International Ireland. The overall winner may nominate their charity of choice to receive this bursary.