Companies who are serious about progressing their business, recognising the efforts of their staff and celebrating their achievements to date should consider entering these awards. Taking part will focus your organisation to think strategically about the future.
Judging Criteria for this category:
This category aims to award emerging entrepreneurs that have the potential to grow their companies into successful organisations which will be innovative, create employment and have the ability to win the SFA National Small Business Award in the future.
Award entrants must comply with the following entry criteria:
- All small businesses may enter up to a maximum of 50 employees. (This includes staff employed in the company on a fixed-term contract basis in excess of 12 months, and part-time staff who work in excess of 20 hours per week but excluding temporary agency workers).
- Be within two years of starting your business.
- Not be a branch of another business.
- Franchises can enter.
- Businesses/individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by other associated professionals (e.g. professional advisers, training providers, accountants etc.).
- Businesses cannot enter any other of the six categories.
Download the application form for the Emerging New Business category. When you have completed it please then please submit via the online submission form.
2017 Prize Package
Five businesses will be shortlisted as winners in the Emerging New Business category and will each receive:
- An exhibition stand at the SFA National Small Business Showcase in the RDS
- A comprehensive strategic masterclass weekend sponsored by Skillnets which will include communications, media and presentation skills training along with discounted participation on a management development programme during the year.
- An interview/profile in a specially commissioned Irish Independent Awards Supplement.
- Five complementary tickets to the Gala Awards Ceremony
- A winners certificate