Thursday, 2 March 2017
- "Ventac” wins Overall SFA National Small Business Award 2017
- Minister for Employment and Small Business, Pat Breen, TD presents Awards
- Finalist companies employ 636 people across 13 counties
Ventac has won the Overall SFA National Small Business Award 2017. Winners were selected from over 500 applications received for the 2017 programme.
Ventac, based in Blessington, Co Wicklow, employs 46 people and provides noise control solutions for international vehicle OEMs of commercial and industrial vehicles, including the Bus & Coach, Agricultural, Construction and Specialist market sectors. Ventac’s solutions include the provision of a full noise analysis to determine the exact source of the noise problem. With their innovative approach towards noise control, Ventac aim to aid their customers in meeting new vehicle noise regulation standards, promoting their customers’ competitive advantage through noise control, minimising environmental noise pollution and maximising user comfort.
The seven category winners are:
- · Manufacturing: VENTAC - Wicklow
- o Highly commended: Briody Bedding - Meath
- o Highly commended: The Foods of Athenry – Galway
o Highly commended: Kelly’s of Newport Artisan Butchers - Mayo
- o Highly commended: Vibes and Scribes - Cork
· Innovator of the Year: Aalto Bio Reagents - Dublin
· Sustainable Energy: Killary Adventure Centre - Galway
- o Highly commended: JPK Fencing - Galway
- o Highly commended: Ventac - Wicklow
Announcing the winner, Sue O’Neill, SFA Chair said “Having spotted a small but growing demand for noise reduction solutions back in the 1990s, Ventac grabbed this opportunity and has grown its noise reduction solutions business significantly since then. Darren and his team have taken their business to the next level in Ireland and export worldwide. They have shown the perseverance of true entrepreneurs and their company is a prime example of a small business punching well above its weight!”
The award categories are sponsored by Enterprise Ireland, Bord Bia, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland, DHL, AIB, Three, Energia and the Emerging New Business section is sponsored by IE Domain Registry. Skillnets is the management development partner.
Speaking at the event, SFA Chair, Sue O’Neill said “With the right environment, companies like those in the room tonight will revitalise every corner of our island, put the Irish small business community on the map and build on the 636 jobs they have already created, delivering prosperity and quality of life to more and more people. Tonight it is a privilege to have 34 of the best small businesses from 13 counties in Ireland in this room. You are the future of Irish business. You have proven your commitment, drive and ambition and we are delighted to celebrate your achievements.”
Minister for Employment and Small Business, Pat Breen, TD who presented the Awards stated: "It has been a pleasure to meet and listen to so many vibrant and innovative small businesses. All the nominees and category winners have shown great drive and pride in their business. Looking at the fantastic success of past winners and nominees, the future is very bright for tonight’s contestants and the Irish business environment."
For interviews, please contact: Sue O’Neill, SFA Chair tel: 087 901 3311
Issued by: Patricia Callan, SFA Director at tel: 01 6051602 or 087 699 9345 or e-mail: email@example.com
- · Interviews with the Award Winners can be arranged through Louise Kenrick, Awards Executive on tel: 01 605 1664 / 087 980 0769
· Photographs from the awards ceremony are available on request